Log in

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags My wildlife photography
Heh... that's cute.

Vinyl decal, actually. ^_^ $15 from a seller on Etsy. Pretty easy to apply, but we'll have to see how it'll stand up to getting bounced around in the bag every day - Hyzenthlay is definitely not an ornamental computer. =:)

Ah, OK. Yeah, hard to say how long it'll last, then.
I'm not sure those would work too well on my laptop, it's not very flat on top, and the metal has a definite texture to it, besides.

(Mine's a Panasonic CF-29 MK2, in case you didn't know. As seen in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClt8Pq_rjs, which calls that a CF-30 even though it's clearly a CF-29, and I think there may be one in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggpk_cTkgTA at some point, also.)

Edited at 2009-02-10 01:21 am (UTC)
Now, the water resistance is something plenty of folks could find useful! Wonder how you go about adding such protection, and ideally, without adding to the unit's weight and thickness.. trouble is, I suppose, anything that's going to stop a liquid going through the keyboard will also hinder the convection of heat away through it, typically one of a laptop's primary means of thermal dissipation.

I suppose some other laptops would be suitable for the decal - the coworker's got a random Chinese one with a flat square badge in the center, just saying "LAPTOP". =:D (Works perfectly well, though - far better than the POS Acers around the office)

All the doors (over the PCMCIA slots, over the DVD drive, over the back connectors, etc.) have rubber seals on them. And there's little flap covers that seal into the USB port, the power port, and the serial port openings.

And there's no vents. It supposedly uses heat pipes to pipe the heat to the metal case, which then acts sort of like a big heatsink.

Plus, if the stock keyboard still doesn't quite do it for you, there's a couple types of rubberized keyboads. (One's basically a rubber membrane deal, and the other is the backlit "chicklet" style one (that has plastic bits in the keys instead of just rubber I think?). That last one would be a cool upgrade to have, but the fancy keyboards are /expensive/.